Strange video artifact with gstreamer & textoverlay, apparently caused by imxvpudec...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange video artifact with gstreamer & textoverlay, apparently caused by imxvpudec...

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I've been working with a Boundary Devices iMX6QP board for a while now.

Recently I added the textoverlay element to my gstreamer pipeline and noticed that it is "affected" by motion around the video area that it overlays...  For example, if I overlay "hello", then swipe my hand over the area within the viewing area of the camera that corresponds to the area over which the text is laying, the text actually "follows" the motion across the screen.

Here are two pipelines, one that works and one that shows the symptom I describe above...

In a simple case everything is fine…

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! textoverlay text=”hello” ! autovideosink

But in a more complex pipeline the “hello” is affected by movement in the video area that it is overlaying..

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! videoconvert ! imxvpuenc_h264 bitrate=2048 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! queue ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! videoconvert ! textoverlay text=”hello” ! autovideosink

It appears to be related to the use of imxvpudec, but I can't prove that. Has anyone else seen this?  Can one of the imx-gstreamer guys try this out to see if they agree?

Thanks,

Ed

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

mazzinov
Contributor II

Hello everyone! I have the same problem with embedded subtitles!
GStreamer version - 1.14.1
I tryed to use next command gst-launch-1.0 playbin flags=0x17 uri=file://$VIDEO_FILE video-sink=imxipuvideosink

And I got an artifacts when is subtitles are rendering on my screen. Does anyone fixed this problem?

0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Here is a picture of the screen, with the distorted text...hello_distorted.jpg

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what gstreamer version do you use? I couldn't find imxvpudec plugins in latest version, myabe you can upgrade to the latest version to test, and how about to use overlaysink?

0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Joan, I guess I'm a bit confused with your reply...

You say you can't find imxvpudec, but its the first one on the list under "Available Plugins" here...

GitHub - Freescale/gstreamer-imx: GStreamer 1.0 plugins for i.MX platforms 

What am I missing?

0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for responding, and I apologize for the late reply, I was on vacation...

I am currently running with 1.8.3, and I've run apt-get update and apt-get install gstreamer1.0.

A while back I used to install the iMX gstreamer stuff manually, but I had been assuming that the latest version was part of the Boundary Devices Xenial build.  How can I tell if I have the lastest imx6 stuff in my gstreamer package?

0 Kudos