Step by Step to rebuild images to add packages for Digi i.MX6UL Yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by Step to rebuild images to add packages for Digi i.MX6UL Yocto

don_osmond
Contributor I

I have a Digi i.MX6UL with Yocto running on it and it does not support iptables.  I was told I needed to rebuild the image and add the package for iptables.  Anyone have step by step on how to do this?  I have started with Yocto Project Quick Build to see how close I can get to having at least the environment up.  This is the steps from Digi to build the development environment ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro | DEY-2.4  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Don Osmond,

The Yocto BSP has an iptables package available, which can be added to an image by adding the following line on the conf/local.conf file:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ iptables”

However, I’m not familiar with Digi’s BSP. You can see the available packages inside a Yocto envionment by running:

$ bitbake -s

For specific details on Digi’s BSP I would recommend looking at their support forums.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

don_osmond
Contributor I

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am not able to run a bitbake on this image either.  When I tried to use iptables with the following: I received an error.

root@ccimx6ulsbc:~# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -m tcp --dport 5000 -j  DNAT --to- 208.104.29.77
modprobe: module ip_tables not found in modules.dep iptables v1.6.1: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
root@ccimx6ulsbc:~#

0 Kudos

turker
Contributor IV

It seems you need to recompile Linux with IP tables and its dependencies enabled.

0 Kudos

don_osmond
Contributor I

Agreed and that is the question.  What steps do I need to add the proper package for iptables and build the new image?

0 Kudos