cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of GPIO during Reset and other unused peripherals

vigneshvasudeva
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using I.MX6Q in one of our solutions and we have couple of queries related to it.

Q1)     We are utilizing few GPOs to control the output enable(OE#) of Buffer ICs.

We want to know the state of GPIO pins during reset condition, from table100 of i.mx6 datasheet we understood that the pull resistors are not enabled during reset condition and so it is necessary to use external pull resistor. Please let us know whether our understanding is correct.

proc_gpio.png

Q2)     It is mentioned in page31 of I.MX6Q reference manual that if PCIe and SATA are not used, then the associated power pins of those peripherals should be grounded.

But there is a note1 below the table saying "these supplies must remain powered if boundary scan test needs to be done". In our design, we are planning to use emulator and so the                 JTAG will be utilized for this purpose.

proc_pcipower.png

So, would you suggest us to keep the supply pins of unused peripherals to be powered via a 0ohms resistor arrangement? If it matters, I would like to inform that we have grounded the JTAG_MOD pin of processor.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strictly speaking pin’s state are not defined during power up and short period
of stabilization. 

If JTAG interface is intended for software debugging only, it is possible to

ground the PCI power pins.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos