cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start the timer in M4 MCU demo application

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am working on IMX8QM M4 MCU. I needs to implement rtc timer for some of minutes in M4 MCU SDK (mcu-sdk-auto) demo application

M4 MCU SDK version: 2.5.0

Will you please guide how to implement timer configuration in M4 MCU.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
5 Replies

wanbenzhou
Contributor II

How to know M4 Core is working?      My board print the following message when running.

[ 38.948625] vehicle_rpmsg virtio0.rpmsg-vehicle-channel.-1.1: rpmsg_send timeout!
[ 40.036617] vehicle_rpmsg virtio0.rpmsg-vehicle-channel.-1.1: rpmsg_send timeout!
[ 41.124623] vehicle_rpmsg virtio0.rpmsg-vehicle-channel.-1.1: rpmsg_send timeout!

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

We have M4 console for that needs to connect RS232 to USB connector in RS232 Port.

Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinoth 

one can look at SDK RPC functions for the timer service in  .. /scfw_api/svc/timer/timer_rpc_clnt.c

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

I able to run timer by calling the following API,

/* Wait for 2 min */

PRINTF("Wait for 2 min \n");

TSTMR_DelayUs(EXAMPLE_TSTMR, 120000000);

But, I unable to give any user input in M4 Console, it's hold the resource until 2 Min.

Will you please provide how start and stop the timer depends upon the user input in M4 MCU demo application ?

Is it possible provide timer based event triggered configuration ?

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Thank you Igor for the reply

Regards,

Vinoth S,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar