cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying J-Link Script location issues

rshipman
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using a SEGGER J-Link debugger to debug a target board based on the RT1021-EVK.

I have created a J-Link script which seems to work well enough.

In the JLink Launch Configuration, in the JLink debugger tab, there is a Script field that is empty by default. So every time I recreate the launch file, I need to edit this field. Also the JLink Debugger does not look in the local directory for the file I enter.

There seems to be only two ways to pass a J-Link script to the J-Link debugger.

1. Put the script here: C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\Default.JLinkScript
  2. Or, put the script where you like and fill in the 'Script' field in the JLink Debugger tab in the JLink Launch Configuration.

Both of these methods are not very satisfactory to us.

In the LinkServer Launch Configuration, in the LinkServer debugger, there is a Connect script field. The script file name is automatically populated as RT1020_connect.scp. So I never need to edit it. Not only that, the LinkServer looks for this file in the project's local folder, before looking for the script in the nxp installation folders.

So, is there a way to automatically put a default entry in this Script field? I don't want to have to edit the Launch Configuration each time I create the launch file.

And is there a way to make it look in the project's local folder in the same way as the LinkServer one?

Many thanks,

Ronnie Shipman

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rshipman ,

To the JLINK script add to the MCUXPresso IDE, normally, we need to add it to the Debug configuration:

kerryzhou_0-1661916218651.png

If it is your own .jlinkscript, you can manually add it, we also manually add it.

No other automatic method now.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos