Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single x32 DDR3 Module for i.MX6

Jump to solution
cayt
Contributor II

Hi,

I am busy sketching a system draft using i.MX6DL with x32bit DDR3 memory. As far as my research goes only the LPDDR3 memories have x32 bit data width but unfortunately i.MX6 devices don't support LPDDR3. The DDR3 and LVDDR3 memories have x16 bit data width only. I know I could use 2 LV/DDR3 modules but space is one of the biggest challenges in the design, that's why I would like to keep it to a single memory module, if possible. Could anyone suggest a direction to go?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cayt
Contributor II

Hi,

By mistake I opened the same discussion twice. Please leave your comments on this discussion

Thanks,

Cahit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cayt
Contributor II

Hi,

By mistake I opened the same discussion twice. Please leave your comments on this discussion

Thanks,

Cahit

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cahit

for space constrained designs it may be useful to look at scm modules

http://www.nxp.com/scm

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
cayt
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of these chips but the memory technology used is LPDDR2 and I have to use DDR3. BTW, I see that the PMIC MMPF0100 is integrated in the chip. Are there any heat issues with these chips, that you are aware of?

Thanks,

Cahit

0 Kudos