Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single channel LPDDR4 for i.MX8

Jump to solution
kayiyeh
Contributor II

Hi there,

I know i.MX8 is for high-end application and DRAM bandwidth is never too big. However, I got a special request that I have to let a i.MX8M use single channel (16bit data bus) LPDDR4. My operation system will be Linux from Yocto project.  Can anybody tell me where to change the kernel or u-boot code to control the chip and let the chip use single channel DRAM bus only?

Regards,

kayiyeh

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kayiyeh

in general answer was provided on

Single channel LPDDR4  

Software changes for new memory are described in Chapter 4 How to bring up a new MX8M board MX8M_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.docx included in ddr test package

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340179

As such configuration is not currently supported in nxp software one can proceed with

Professional Services to develop it:

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kayiyeh

in general answer was provided on

Single channel LPDDR4  

Software changes for new memory are described in Chapter 4 How to bring up a new MX8M board MX8M_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.docx included in ddr test package

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340179

As such configuration is not currently supported in nxp software one can proceed with

Professional Services to develop it:

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos