Single Lane Mipi interface to i.mx6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Lane Mipi interface to i.mx6

jamiemaxwell
Contributor I

I have a need to connect a single lane mipi interface to the i.mx6 solo. NXP documentation says that this is supported. Before I connect my own target HW I would like to verify this is working with a known good setup.

The Sabre board has the OV5640 which supports 2lane mipi, but I cannot get single lane mipi working with this camera. I am not able to confirm if the OV5640 even supports single lane as the camera documentation is not clear to me.

Has anyone successfully connected single lane mipi to i.mx6? what camera is used? Can you share experience?

My target HW is a parallel output camera which will go through a parallel to Mipi CSI-2 bridge chip. We need single lane mipi due to connector pin limitations.

Thanks

Labels (4)
5 Replies

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can check the following doc:

Using only one lane on OV5640 MIPI + i.MX6 SabreSD

Best regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos

adc1
Contributor IV

Hi Rogerio,

but, when you setup single data lane, do you think is it possible to use lane2 instead of lane1?
do you know which steps can let me obtain that?

thank you, regards
Andrea

0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea,

Unfortunately not possible. Just the options below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Rogerio

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jamie

both i.MX6S and OV5640 support single lane mode,

for OV5640 trgister 0x300E MIPI CONTROL 00  Bit[7:5]: mipi_lane_mode

000: One lane mode

001: Two lane mode

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adc1
Contributor IV

Hi Jamie,

I'm using "One lane mode", does it exist any configuration to let sensor use only lane 2?

for OV5640 register 0x4800 MIPI CTRL 00  Bit[3]: 0 Use lane1 as default data lane, 1 Use lane2 as default data lane

If I configure it to use lane2 as default I obtain a MIPI data error during transfer. Is it possible to use MIPI excluding first lane?
thank you, regards
Andrea

0 Kudos