Silicon revision in which i.MX6 secure boot vulnerabilities have been solved.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silicon revision in which i.MX6 secure boot vulnerabilities have been solved.

jacconbastiaans
Contributor III

Hello,

We are using the secure boot feature of the i.MX6Dual and i.MX6Quad processors. Only recently we heard about the two vulnerabilities that have been discovered in the bootROM of these devices (errata ERR10782 and ERR10873).

After reviewing the documentation about these vulnerabilities, we conclude that we need to start using devices with the updated bootROM in which these vulnerabilities are solved.

But we don't know in which silicon revision these vulnerabilities have been solved. We would like to know these version numbers so we can order the right devices.

Regards,

Jaccon Bastiaansen

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jaccon Bastiaansen,

Silicon revision 1.6 of the i.MX6D and i.MX6Q addresses these vulnerabilities. You can see more details on these errata on the following Community Document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-334996

If you wish to know in more detail how the mitigation strategies for these errata you can find them in Engineering Bulletin 854 (Document EB00854). This document is handled through NXP’s FAEs so I would need to ask you to please contact your FAE and ask for this document.

Silicon Revision 1.6 of the i.MX6D and i.MX6Q supports additional fuses related to Serial Download mode to aid on these mitigations. Fuse SDP_DISABLE enables/disables Serial Download mode support. Fuse SDP_READ_ENABLE enables/disables reads using Serial Download mode. You can see more details regarding these fuses on the i.MX6DQ Reference Manual.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

jacconbastiaans
Contributor III

Hello,

Can you also tell me the silicon revisions of the i.MX6 Solo and Dual Lite in which these vulnerabilities have been solved?

Regards,

Jaccon Bastiaansen

0 Kudos

jacconbastiaans
Contributor III

Hello,

Is there any news about this question? We would like to know the i.MX6 Solo and Dual Lite silicon revisions in which these vulnerabilities have been solved.

Regards,

Jaccon Bastiaansen

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jaccon Bastiaansen,

My apologies for the delay.

In the case of the i.MX6 Solo and i.MX DualLite the Silicon Revision that addresses these vulnerabilities is Silicon Rev 1.4.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos