cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature unit test program on imx8qxpmek

lars_r_andersso
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble making things work on my imx8qxpmek devkit. What I would particularly want to accomplish at this stage is being able to run the signature unit demo from the SDK: 

sdk/boards/mekmimx8qx/driver_examples/dpu/signature/

I've been able to run ../boards/mekmimx8qx/demo_apps/hello_world/ using mkimage_imx8 and uuu, but when trying the same procedure on the dpu_signature app, it seems to lock up in the BOARD_PrepareDisplay() function.

Would anyone be able to describe a step by step instruction on how to make the dpu signature program run successfully on this devkit?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

DavorBogavac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars, 

I have tried the dpu signature driver example on following HW/SW combo.

i.mx8QXP MEK board version C1 using device revision B0. Monitor is connected thru an external LVDS - HDMI adapter. 

The software used is a combination of components from Linux BSP 2.0 GA and SDK v 2.5.2.

Deploy method used is mkimage to generate image, prog to SD card and boot from SD. 

That works fine.

In what way does the setup you use differ from what I have? (if any)

Best Regards
Davor
0 Kudos

lars_r_andersso
Contributor I

Thanks for your help Davor.

My setup is very similar to yours. I'm using SDK v2.5.2 and firmware images obtained by building the i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 4.19.35_1.0.0 Release. The file:

mx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-sc-firmware/1.2.2-r0/imx-sc-firmware-1.2.2/.scmversion

Says:

imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga+gcb6f758b

Where do you get your BSP files from?

I'm pretty sure I've seen device revision B0 mentioned somewhere (A sticker on the board says "Si B0 SECO", but not sure about board version. How to I confirm my MEK board version?

To rule out issues with the serial download process, I just tried running the dpu_signature example using the SD card.

Here are the steps I'm taking:

** BUILD dpu_signature:

cd sdk/boards/mekmimx8qx/driver_examples/dpu/signature/armgcc
export ARMGCC_DIR=/opt/gcc-arm-embedded/gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2019-q3-update/

In dpu_example.h:

#define APP_DISPLAY_EXTERNAL_CONVERTOR 1

#define DPU_EXAMPLE_DI DPU_DI_LVDS

./build_release.sh

** BUILD "flash.bin" using mkimage_imx8 and images from iMX Yocto Thud:

cd thud/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/imx-boot/0.2-r0/git/iMX8QX
cat ../src/build_info.h
#define MKIMAGE_COMMIT 0x2a3ec5e2
ln -sf ../../../../../../../../../sdk/boards/mekmimx8qx/driver_examples/dpu/signature/armgcc/release/dpu_signature.bin m4_image.bin
../mkimage_imx8 -soc QX -rev B0 -append mx8qx-ahab-container.img -c -flags 0x00200000 -scfw scfw_tcm.bin -ap u-boot-atf.bin a35 0x80000000 -p3 -m4 m4_image.bin 0 0x34FE0000 -out flash.bin

** Copy flash.bin onto SD card in laptop card reader:
sudo dd if=flash.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1k seek=32 && sync

** Insert SD in MEK SD card reader and boot in SD1 mode.

Like before, this procedure results in a binary that starts up and is able to send debug logging via the M4 UART. However, it still fails in the BOARD_PrepareDisplay() function. Some printf debugging reveals that all the sc_pm_* calls in this function are failing, and that it finally locks up permanently at the end when calling SOC_InitDpuInterrupt();

Hope that gives some clues as to why we're getting different results...

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars,

I’m afraid that i.MX8QXP family is still on preproduction, and we cannot provide additional information or support through this channel yet. In case of requiring help about i.MX8X, please directly contact with your Sales/FAE.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos