cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Unit in iMX8QM

MHassan1
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on Core m4 in Imx8qm , and I am supposed to configure Signature unit to calculate CRC over display rendering from m4. 

But in oreder to do so , I need to provide this API 

DPU_SetSignatureWindowRefCrc(DPU_BASE, DISPLAY_INDEX, 0, redCRC, greenCRC, blueCRC) With Reference redCRC, greenCRC, blueCRC in order to be checked against what calculated from Signature unit.

So My question is that, Is there a component or a mechanism describe how to calculate CRC the same way signature unit do, because other than that, Signature unit will always failed in that comparison. 

And if not, So how Signature unit supposed to work in that way, As it is not logical to set the reference values with the same values that calculated from Signature Unit itself like what implemented in SDK example 
boards/mekmimx8qm/driver_examples/dpu/signature/cm4_core1/dpu_signature.c

Thank you,
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Juan-Rodarte
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahmoud,

Which SDK are you using?

0 Kudos

MHassan1
Contributor II

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am using  SDK_2_5_2_MIMX8QM6xxxFF  as it is the latest SDK with Signature unit example.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Juan-Rodarte
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

fmonte
Contributor IV

This does not answer the question. Your link (that is just a doxigen of fsl_dpu.h) does not specifie the CRC type.

0 Kudos

MHassan1
Contributor II

Exactly, This actually has nothing to do with the CRC type for signature unit. And for me without knowing this point, Signature unit seems to be very useless for dynamic graphics.