cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share My PC Internet to Imx Board

shanmugamsundar
Contributor IV

hi all,

I am using the Imx535 board, i need to connect my imx board to the internet connection, for that i connect my Linux host PC to the mobile net, from the mobile i can able to get the internet to my PC but, i need to share my PC's internet to the  IMX board, how can i do this,

need to access the internet in both PC and TARGET BOARD, with mobile as a USB modem

Now, the connection is as

MOBILE-----USB-----usb0------------>PC------LAN-----eth0----------->IMX board

can any one help me

Thanks,

shan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Shanmugam,

Please try this method, I did and it works:

When you are logged in:

• Go to "System" on your top bar.
  • Navigate to "Preferences" and select "Network Connections".
  • When that window opens, select "Auto eth0", and press "Edit" (This assumes that you are connected to the Internet on some other port (in your case, it is through USB).

A new window will open. Navigate to the tab titled "IPv4 Settings", and change the Method to "Shared to other computers". After restarting the computer, you should now be able to plug in any computer into your other Ethernet port.

Note: To clarify the above example, here is an example configuration that will work:

1. You are already connected to the Internet using your mobile + USB
  2. The Ethernet port eth0 is connected to the PC that needs to share your Internet connection

I tried this using Ubuntu 10.04, I'm not sure if its the same with later versions...

0 Kudos