Setup u-boot on custom imx6ull based board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup u-boot on custom imx6ull based board

pankajjoshi
Contributor I

I have a custom board based on i.MX6ULL (MCIMX6Y2CVM05AA 14X14) with 4 GB DDR3 RAM & 4 GB eMMC. I am trying to setup u-boot for the board. Shall i be changing the "./board/freescale/mx6ull_ddr3_arm2/imximage.cfg" file with the DDR calibration coefficients? Or shall i be changing "./board/freescale/mx6ullevk/imximage.cfg" in u-boot? Can anyone guide me with the detailed changes i need to make to bring up u-boot on this custom board? I am using mfgtool2 to flash using "mfgtool2-yocto-mx-14x14-arm2-emmc-ull.vbs". Am i using mfgtool2 correctly? Much needed help! 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pankaj

DDR calibration coefficients should be put in folder for corresponding

board, which was used as reference for custom board. If it is i.MX6ULL EVK

then ..mx6ullevk/imximage.cfg. For changes one can look in Porting Guide document

included in linux documentation package on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Also for using mfg tool it is necessary to use vbs script file corresponding to used reference board.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

i'm also puzzled by this...

0 Kudos

vincent_pelissi
Contributor I

Hi,

Could you try this command "bitbake -C compile u-boot-imx" ?

Hope this help you.

0 Kudos

vincent_pelissi
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

I have modified the file imximage.cfg in the folder ~/imx-yocto-bsp/build-fb-imx6ull/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/2018.03-r0/git/board/freescale/mx6ullevk with parameters given from the DDR3 calibration tool but when I run bitbake core-image-base, the core-image-base-imx6ull14x14evk.sdcard.bz2 and u-boot-imx6ull14x14evk.imx files are not recompiled. 

In the iMX BSP Porting Guide Linux (chapters 3.2.1 and 3.2.2), it is just said "If the DDR configuration (board/freescale/<customer_board_name>/imximage.cfg) is modified successfully, you can compile and write u-boot.imx to an SD card."

What is needed to make a new u-boot.imx file with updated DCD values?

Thank you for any help.

Vincent

0 Kudos