cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set touchscreen available area

Mihan
Contributor IV

Hi all

I set two monitors for imx6 before Multiple monitors, now their display functions work well.

But the touchscreen can move the cursor between two monitors, so I follow Using a touchscreen in a multi-head setup and try to set it.

But I find the screen shown by 'xrandr' is only one as follow:

root@imx6qsabresd:~# xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 240 x 240, current 1024 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
DISP3 BG connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
1024x768_60.00 59.92*+
U:1024x768p-59 59.91 +

What's this 'DISP3 BG'? Why there is only one screen? 

The GPU is vivante maybe (I see the default xorg.conf is vivante). the latest configuration has uploaded on the last topic above.

Then I try to find the registration of this 'DISP3 BG'. It's on 'drivers/video/fbdev/mxc/mxc_ipuv3_fb.c' (also i find it on 'drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/mxc_v4l2_capture.c' and 'drivers/video/fbdev/mx3fb.c').

Later I print some graphics information:

root@imx6qsabresd:~# cat /sys/class/graphics/fb*/fsl_disp_dev_property
ldb
overlay
hdmi
root@imx6qsabresd:~# cat /sys/class/graphics/fb*/fsl_disp_property
2-layer-fb-bg
2-layer-fb-fg
1-layer-fb
root@imx6qsabresd:~#

I think maybe the fb2 should be the MEM_BG_SYNC no the MEM_DC_SYNC so that xrandr can detect two screens.

What should I do?

Regards

Mihan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Current xrand is supported however there are some features that are not working well, as example this and the acceleration by GPU, this is marked as a bug.

Regards

0 Kudos

Mihan
Contributor IV

Thanks brother.

So do you have other ways to set the touch screen avalible area, such as setting coordinate and size?

Regards

0 Kudos