Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set asrc input clock to SPDIF_RX_CLK on IMX6

Jump to solution
manuel_soledge
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on an audio application using an i.MX6ULL and I need to use the hardware ASRC of the processor with the S/PDIF RX clock on the asrc pair input.

The problem I have I that even after the S/PDIF dpll is locked I can't read the rate of the spdif_rx_clk so the pair configuration fails to calculate the input divisor.

In the reference manual I read that after the spdif dpll is locked the received rate is directly generated to spdif_rx_clk. Is that right or are there registers to configure to make it go through to the asrc controller?

Thank you,

Manuel BA

Labels (2)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel

S/PDIF RX clock is described in sect.50.4.1.8 

i.MX 6ULL Applications Processor Reference Manual

pastedImage_1.jpg

some spdif tests which may be useful:

doc\mxc_spdif_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

doc\mxc_asrc_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel

S/PDIF RX clock is described in sect.50.4.1.8 

i.MX 6ULL Applications Processor Reference Manual

pastedImage_1.jpg

some spdif tests which may be useful:

doc\mxc_spdif_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

doc\mxc_asrc_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

manuel_soledge
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I have been able to recover the RX clock in the asrc module.
I also have opened another question about the asrc clock sources.

Manuel

0 Kudos