Sdcard not detected on custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sdcard not detected on custom board

imravi
Contributor II

i have build my own custom board with only four data lines for sdcard. But the board is not able to detect sdcard. do i have to make any changes in the sdcard driver(mxs_mmc.c).

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

imravi
Contributor II

if any one can tell that if we have to connect a sdcard host with only four data lines then do we have to change the driver of the host controlller / platform data for the board. if yes what are the changes to be made.

0 Kudos

ThomasG1z
Contributor III

No, that should not be necessary. Which kernel? Device tree based or 3.0? Regardless, do you have a SD card detect GPIO set up correctly and mapped to the right SD port? If not, or something is messed up you might also want to try to configure the port as a fixed/nonremovable device in boardconfig or devicetree to see if it works.

0 Kudos

imravi
Contributor II

I am working with linux kernel 2.6.31. The hardware is designed as per the imx28 schematics but the sdcard is a micro sdcard host instead of sdcard host in mx28.

These are the changes made to the BSP

our sdcard host is having four data lines only so i have removed SSP0_DATA4 - SSP0_DATA7 from the BSP of our custom board. I have also checked the SSP0_DETECT pin also it is connected properly only.

What i have understood after reading that when we connect a SD card , the SSP0_DETECT pin should go low. But this is not happening with our board.

0 Kudos