SSP dual / quad data output on i.MX233?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSP dual / quad data output on i.MX233?

joecool
Contributor I

I'm struggeling in getting dual / quad SSP data output from the i.MX233. According to the processor architecture it should be possible in Winbond SPI mode, but I found in the i.MX233 manual no information about the data line assignment. You can set Winbond mode and enable dual / quad mode in the SSP processor registers, but can't tell the i.MX233 on which pins to output that dual / quad data. How can this be achieved?
(According to the pin description in the i.MX23 manual data for SSP2 should be output on bank 0, pins 0 - 7. In no case I could measure any output on these pins in Winbond SPI mode with dual / quad mode enabled, data ist only output on SSP2_CMD (bank 0, pin 20)).

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe

Winbond SPI Mode was designed specifically to support

the Winbond Dual/Quad SpiFlash with Dual/Quad read modes.

These mode are for reading from the flash; only the 1-bit mode

supports writes, as described in sect.21.6 Winbond SPI Mode

IMX23RM , Table 21-1. SSP Pin Matrix shows pad allocation.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joecool
Contributor I

So there is really no chance to output anything on more than one line (except in SD/MMC mode)?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct.

~igor

0 Kudos