cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNVS tamper reset

smvankampen
Contributor II

Hi all,

I try to create an example application to display the tamper status and a button to reinitialize the tamper.

The first part is working perfectly. On active tamper the snvs switches to softfail state and the correct tamper pins has fired.

The second part does not work:

Step 1: make use the active tamper pair / mesh is closed --> Check

Step 2: Try to change internal SSM state from softfail to non-secure by writing bit SSM_ST bit in HPCOMR --> HPSR register does not reflect the state I expected, HPSR SSM status is still Softfail.

Step 3: read and write LPSR / LPTDSR registers to clear tamper warning --> does not work, tamper value keeps 1.

I have already checked NPSWA_EN bit  == 1 and checked the HPLR and LPLR registers for any locks which prohibts to change the SSM state from softfail to non-secure.

Does some has an idea to reset snvs tamper status for debug purposes?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If the circuit still triggers the tamper after clearing detection flag  it will be set again.

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos