cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLN-VIZNAS-IOT

Jump to solution
cloudersky
Contributor II

I have some questions about SLN-VIZNAS-IOT. 

1.How should I demo SLN-VIZNAS-IOT PDM MEMS Microphones?

2.Does i.MX RT106F have the same microphone function as i.MX RT1060?

i.MX RT106F use PDM MEMS Microphones but the SDK (SDK_2_8_1_SLN-VIZNAS-IOT) seems no audio output about PDM MEMS Microphones.

Please help me to solve these problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cloudersky
Contributor II

So  for SLN-VIZNAS-IOT, Will the SDK be updated about PDM MEMS Microphones in the future? 

The SDK_2_8_1_SLN-VIZNAS-IOT seems no PDM mic Init , so the SDK_2_8_1_SLN-VIZNAS-IOT can 

not use  PDM MEMS Microphones?

Please give me the  answer. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1. How should I demo SLN-VIZNAS-IOT PDM MEMS Microphones?
-- For SLN-VIZNAS-IOT, the SDK library hasn't such a demo to test the Microphones on the board until now.
2. Does i.MX RT106F have the same microphone function as i.MX RT1060?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

cloudersky
Contributor II

So  for SLN-VIZNAS-IOT, Will the SDK be updated about PDM MEMS Microphones in the future? 

The SDK_2_8_1_SLN-VIZNAS-IOT seems no PDM mic Init , so the SDK_2_8_1_SLN-VIZNAS-IOT can 

not use  PDM MEMS Microphones?

Please give me the  answer. Thanks

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
1) So for SLN-VIZNAS-IOT, Will the SDK be updated about PDM MEMS Microphones in the future?
-- To be honest, I don't know and I guess they don't have the plan currently.
Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

cloudersky
Contributor II

So any suggestions about developing PDM MIC on the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT?   

Or I can refer to which SDK?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) So any suggestions about developing PDM MIC on the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT? Or I can refer to which SDK?
-- Please refer to the interrupt_record_playback demo in the SDK library for MIMXRT1060-EVK.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

cloudersky
Contributor II

I study about interrupt_record_playback demo in the SDK library for MIMXRT1060-EVK. But it doesn't seem to use PDM mircophone. This demo uses both headphone mic and board main mic as input source.So it seems a little different ? So any suggestions about developing PDM MIC on the SLN-VIZNAS-IOT ? Or where can I start ? Thanks 

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Please refer to the driver in the SDK library for SLN-LOCAL2-IOT which uses SPH0641LM4H too.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

cloudersky
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I referred to your suggestion SDK library for SLN-LOCAL2-IOT.

I see that I can do this individually with SAI1, SAI2, and SAI3. But SAI1 has four TX RX.

For RT106S ,PDM MIC and audio amplifer use SAI1_RX_DATA0(MIC1) ,SAI1_RX_DATA1(MIC2),SAI2_RX_DATA1(MIC3),SAI3_RX_DATA1(AMP),

For 1060F ,  PDM MIC and audio amplifer use SAI1_RX_DATA0(MIC1) ,SAI1_RX_DATA1(AMP) ,SAI1_RX_DATA2(MIC2) .

If pdm mic and audio amplifer all ues SAI1RX ,Will there be a problem?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) If pdm mic and audio amplifer all ues SAI1RX ,Will there be a problem?
-- No, it's able to do it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos