Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD1_RESET/SD1_RST on 6sl MCIMX6L8DVN10AB BGA432

Jump to solution
jayakumar2
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm currently using a 6sl board. We're thinking about adding eMMC to this board. So I've been looking at the 6sl evk schematic as there is a emmc footprint shown on page 8. http://cache.nxp.com/files/product/hardware_tools/MCIMX6SLEVK.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Schematics&WT_VENDO... 

On my current board, SD2 and SD3 are already used. That leaves SD1. Everything looks okay except I noticed the 6slevk schematic shows the use of SD1_RST/SD1_RESET. I noticed that my board's schematic symbol for MCIMX6L8DVN10AB BGA432 was lacking the SD1_RESET/SD1_RST signal. I checked that SD1_RESET is listed in the IMX6SLRM.pdf but I noticed it is not in the ball map in IMX6SLCEC whereas SD2_RESET is present. So that makes me think that the 6sl package I'm using doesn't expose SD1_RESET. Does that mean that SD1 can't be used with eMMC?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaya

yes it can be used without RST with eMMC as for example in reference schematic spf-27392 p.5

Schematics (1)
Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files.
Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files. (REV C5)
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaya

yes it can be used without RST with eMMC as for example in reference schematic spf-27392 p.5

Schematics (1)
Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files.
Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files. (REV C5)
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

From i.MX6 SL Datasheet(s) :

“HW reset as specified for eMMC cards is supported at ports #3 and #4 only”.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct

Answer button. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos