Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD/MMC on SSP2 of iMX287

Jump to solution
johnturner
Contributor I

Hi,

We're working on a custom board using the iMX287 processor and are having trouble getting the SD/MMC card to be recognized by the Linux kernel at higher MMC clock rates. We started with the hardware design from the HEG and are trying to atapt the software from the EVK, duplicating the settings for SSP2 from SSP0 and SSP1. U-Boot sees the card and seems to display the correct device and partition information. However once the kernel is booted entries for the MMC partions only show up in the /Dev directory if we slow the interface clock rate down to ~1MHz. At 1MHz the card operates in both 1 and 4 bit modes, at 2MHz only the 1 bit mode operates, and at 4MHz nothing functions. The first suspicion is that there is a hardware timing issue but everything seems to be consistent with that of the EVK.

Questions:

Has anyone sucessfully implmented a SD/MMC card on SSP2?

Is SSP2 treated differently from SSP0 or SSP1 with repsect to the SD/MMC interface?

Is there something in the EVK configuration that might, inadvertantly, be causing our problems, i.e. incorrect DMA settings?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

JT

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JackyAtFreescal
Senior Contributor II

Hi John,

From my understanding, besides the boot mode, SSP2 is same as other SSP ports. SSP2 port can only support 1 bit mode for booting (see Table 12-26 from RM).

I would suggest below things to be checked:

• The signal integrity on all SSP2 pins
  • Voltage selection on the pin control, which should be 3.3V
  • Increase the drive strength to stronger such as 12mA

Regards,

Jacky

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JackyAtFreescal
Senior Contributor II

Hi John,

From my understanding, besides the boot mode, SSP2 is same as other SSP ports. SSP2 port can only support 1 bit mode for booting (see Table 12-26 from RM).

I would suggest below things to be checked:

• The signal integrity on all SSP2 pins
  • Voltage selection on the pin control, which should be 3.3V
  • Increase the drive strength to stronger such as 12mA

Regards,

Jacky

0 Kudos