cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM-i.MX6Q PMIC OTP Progamming

erezamir
Contributor II

Hi,

We are planning to use the SCM-i.MX6Q for our application.

We only have a very limited board area, so we would like to use the PMICs' LDO outputs to supply other ICs.

We understood that the PMIC for the SCM comes with a pre-programmed OTP configuration, setting only the sequence and output of the switching regulators, and a default configuration.

We have some questions regarding the programming process in SCM:

1) We would like to use the default configuration to avoid OTP programming. However, we saw that the DDR voltage in this configuration is 1.5V instead of 1.2V in the pre-programmed version, and that the output of PMIC's SW3 (generating DDR voltage) is internally connected to i.MX6's PoP LPDDR2. Does it mean that we cannot use the default configuration anyway?

2) Is there a "simple" way for programming the PMIC of the SCM, similar to the PF programmer and its GUI in a standard "standalone" PMIC? We understood that the PF programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) isn't suitable in this case, because of the internal connection between PMIC's I2C and i.MX6's I2C.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amir.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amir,

1) I’m afraid this is correct, by selecting the “default configuration” of the MMPF0100 will cause that SW3 change from 1.2V to 1.5V which is incompatible for the i.MX6's PoP LPDDR2 voltage rail and as mentioned in the SCM-IMX6DQCEC datasheet “SW3 cannot be used to supply anything else but the LPDDR2”.

2) Unfortunately no, there is no “simple” way for programming the PMIC of the SCM similar to the PF programmer and its GUI.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos