cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCFW and cortex-A lpuart

rkohli2000
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using iMX8QM MEK. I would like to use the M4_0 UART (J18 debug port) from the Cortex-A cores (A53 or A72). I will need to change the SCFW to initialize power for the UART for Cortex-A. Also, not move it to the M4 partition. But, I'm not sure where this change for SCFW is required. Or if this is just a build flag change (D=2).

Do I need to use the "imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.5.0" software and can someone suggest what are the changes to be made to SCFW ?

What other initialization steps on the Cortex-A53 side can I use to access the UART debug port without any u-boot present in my image ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rkohli2000

yes it is necessary to use imx-scfw-porting-kit, example with FlexCan can be found

on below link, in similar way one can change uart configuration

pastedImage_2.jpg

System Controller Firmware 101 - Resource management service 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rkohli2000
Contributor III

Thanks Igor.

0 Kudos