cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCFW and PF7100 on Imx8dxlevk

Jump to solution
chanks
Contributor I

Does the SCFW for the IMX8DXLEVK interact with the on-board PF7100?  The MCIMX8DXL-WEVKUM users manual says the PF7100 is connected over the PMIC I2C bus, but the SCFW firmware doesn't appear to have drivers for it.  It only has drivers for the pf100 and pf8100.

I tried to retrieve the PMIC temperature from an M4 application and it just always returns a constant 70. So I'm guessing it's not fully connected implemented.

Is there a plan to add support to the SCFW for the PF7100?
Does the current SCFW interact with the PF7100 watchdog any using the PF8100 driver?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes it is supported, PF7100 reuse the PF8100 driver code, so there should not be any issues on this regards.

Also, please note that the NXP PMICs cannot return the actual temperature. They only indicate if the temperature is above various fixed temp points with pretty large gaps between them.

Saludos,
Aldo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes it is supported, PF7100 reuse the PF8100 driver code, so there should not be any issues on this regards.

Also, please note that the NXP PMICs cannot return the actual temperature. They only indicate if the temperature is above various fixed temp points with pretty large gaps between them.

Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos