Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMPLE/PRELOAD Boundary scan instruction on i.MX6S

Jump to solution
humartom
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am trying to generate a Boundary scan test vector with the Cascon JTAG tool from Göepel for an i.MX6S based board.

The test failed at the checking boundary scan register test if we use the test byte.

The test was able to read the IDCODE, so the communication with the chip should be ok.

This test step is basically loads the SAMPLE/PRELOAD instruction to IR, and then shifting out a pattern to the BSR (through DR) prefixed with an extra test byte.

The test byte should be read back on TDO after shifting the correct number of bits to the BSR (since it is a shift register), but it won't appear. 

Further investigation with a logic analyzer shown that when clocking the DR in SAMPLE mode the TDO output is always stays at zero.

First I have suspected the BSDL file BSR section, but with EXTEST mode I can toggle the last pin (CSI0_DAT19) and one of the first ones (BOOT_MODE1) too.

Any help would be deeply appericiated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check if PCIe supply voltage is applied.
It is needed for proper Boundary Scan operations,

in particular for the EXTEXT.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check if PCIe supply voltage is applied.
It is needed for proper Boundary Scan operations,

in particular for the EXTEXT.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

humartom
Contributor I

Thank you Yuri.

The PCIe lines are grounded on my board (RIotBoard) so this will be the root cause of the problem.

0 Kudos