SABRE tablet not rcognized when bootsram mode with no SD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE tablet not rcognized when bootsram mode with no SD

erwinw
Contributor III

Trying to update the smd image for Android 10_3 release on the tablet. I have set up S26 all positions OFF except for position 7 (ON) and S28 all positions OFF. I do not have an SD card on the device. Best I understand, this sets up the Bootstrap Mode with no External SD CARD.

Next I connect the USB to my laptop and power the tablet on. The USB buble comes up indicating the device has malfunctioned and can not be recognized by Windows. I am not able to manually install the iMX_BulkIO_Driver either successfully. 

I know I could try and use the Hyperterminal but this laptop does not have serial port, so that is not possible at this time.

I would appreciate some suggestions as to why the Windows XP does not recognize the “Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device” when booting up on this mode.

The USB port works. If I power the Tablet on non-bootstrapped mode, and connetc USB to my laptop, it recognizes the device as USB Storage properly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

muthesrinivas
Contributor I

Actually iam trying to load images to the SABRE tablet. for that i have choosen the MFG tool but while installing the drivers iam getting the following problems:
firstly, i forced tablet to serial download mode using dip settings and i found that orange light is blowing. Next i connected tablet to the PC via Debug board. When i connecting to the host pc that recognize my device as a USB serial port and automatically installing the USB driver. But it is not recognize as "Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device".

please help me....

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually one thing to try is to press the reset button (SW13) that is visible once you open the tablet. That may fix your problem.

vladan

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hm, so what driver do you actually try to install? You mention Android release directly, but in this case you need to install the iMX_BulkIO_Driver from the MfgTools package.

br,

Vladan

0 Kudos

erwinw
Contributor III

Interesting... By mistake, I happened to pres the SW13 while the SABRE tablet was connected on the bootstrap mode to my computer via USB and immediately Windows XP recognized a SE Blank Rita device that then changed to Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device and prompted me to install the drives. I foollowed the directions and indicated Advanced Mode, and pointed the path to the Android release directory indicated in the instructions under Mfgtools-Rel-11.06.00_ER_MX53_UPDATER\Drivers\iMX_BulkIO_Driver but the installation of the driver fails with the ERROR MESSAGE indicating Setup cannot copy the file WdfCoInstaller01. and asks to verify the path where the files is to be copied from: mfgtools-rel-11.06.00_er_mx53_updater.tar\mfgtools-rel-11.06.00_er_mx53_updater\drivers\imx_bulkio_driver\i386

I noticed in this folder, the file name is different. It is WdfCoInstaller01009.dll but I am unable to modify anything to make the two match.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos