cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run mDDR at 24MHz on i.MX28

Jump to solution
clementøstergaa
Contributor I

Has anyone here got any experience running the MT46H64M16LF mDDR at 24 MHz on a i.MX28?

Currently, using the timing from MX28_mDDR_register_programming_aid_v0.4, it can run at 48MHz.

When switching to 32 MHz or 24MHz, it hangs.

The plan is to be able to disable the PLL and still have the system running at 24MHz from the xtal.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Clement

Our linux BSP should support mDDR running at 24MHz, but may not on same type of mDDR chip, you can refer to our BSP, I think the issue you met should be related to mDDR's setting, as different ddr chip may need different setting. If you have i.MX28 EVK board, you can try it first.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Clement

Our linux BSP should support mDDR running at 24MHz, but may not on same type of mDDR chip, you can refer to our BSP, I think the issue you met should be related to mDDR's setting, as different ddr chip may need different setting. If you have i.MX28 EVK board, you can try it first.

0 Kudos
clementøstergaa
Contributor I

Hi

I tried the settings from the BSP, and this time they worked.

Comparing it with the configuration from the spread sheet, I have determined that the problem was the DRAM control registers 87,88,91 and 92, which apparently needs to be set to different values when running at 24 MHz.

0 Kudos