Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run each i.MX7D ARM core at dissimilar frequencies

Jump to solution
uthappapj
Contributor II

Hello,

I was just wondering whether it was possible to have each of the i.MX7D ARM cores clocked at dissimilar frequencies? With DVFS enabled (I am using the Linux source tree: linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree  ) I see that with the default "ondemand" scaling governor selected, whenever the CPU switches between the 800MHz and the 1GHz clock rates based on current CPU load, it does so for both the cores and not per core. That is both the cores are at the same frequency at any give point in time.

Best regards,

Uthappa

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

They can not run on different frequencies. They have the same clock.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

They can not run on different frequencies. They have the same clock.

Have a great day,

Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!