cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Qt Application on Demo

gokhansahin
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie on Yocto and imx processor is imx6sx with sabre board. To learn and revise Yocto, I have downloaded your binary demo file and win32diskimager. I have been able to download that image successfully to SD card and run. After that, connected via UART and get information about device. However, can't find out and run a qt examples application. Where are these applications on Yocto and how can I run these?

Also, your demo file which was downloaded from your have no GUI desktop but I have seen in videos it has a GUI. What should I do in order to it has a GUI? 

Finally, could you give a book or reference manual (except yocto manual) to develop my own distro and recipes which have a real application with qt? So, it should practical. 

Thank you!

Tags (2)
7 Replies

ankitr_patel
Senior Contributor II

Hi

Have you downloaded the binary file from below link?

L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX 

After you download above image into the SD card and power on the board, you have to set environment variable for display. It depends whether you are using HDMI or LVDS display. Kindly follow i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf for more detail information for the same. After getting the display you can run the QT applications simply by double clicking on the applications icon.

And from the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf document you will get information about the various Distro that are available, in this document you will also get the information for customization.

You can download above document from below link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.0.0-LINUX-DOCS 

Regards,

Ankit Patel

0 Kudos

gokhansahin
Contributor III

Yes, I have downloaded the 4.14.98 binary file.

My problem is that there is no menu on LCD after getting the display.

I enclosed an image of this.

IMG_1224[1].JPG

0 Kudos

ankitr_patel
Senior Contributor II

Hi Gokhan Sahin,

Yes, the pre-built image is a validation image. It just display GUI without any QT content.

You need to build fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx to get QT applications.

Please refer to the https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/i.MX_Yocto_Project_User  for more information.

Regards,

Ankit Patel

0 Kudos

gokhansahin
Contributor III

I have just built the fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx image and not found the Qt examples again.

Where are these examples in rootfs? And how can I run these applications?

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Gokhan Sahin,

Qt5 examples would be inside:

/usr/share/qt5/examples/

Let us know in case of any further query.

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

gokhansahin
Contributor III

Thank you. karan.gajjar@volansystech.com

Well, after boot, so in the startup, how can I start this demo application?

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Gokhan Sahin,

You can change your directory to the example you want to run and then you can simply start the application like you start any shell script.

For example:

$ cd /usr/share/qt5/examples/widgets/graphicsview/simpleanchorlayout   // example directory you want to run

$ ./simpleanchorlayout                                                                                  // executable

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos