cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Docker on imx6 sabresd using yocto project

sirisha_m
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to run docker on imx6. I have added meta-virtualization layer in the yocto project, it has build properly. But while booting it is showing the below syntax error

/etc/rc5.d/S20docker.init: line 43: syntax error: unexpected redirection

when i enter command 'docker --version' it is showing 'Docker version 18.09.3-ce, build f5e591e815'

For the below command 'docker run hello-world' , it is showing as                               
docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is .
See 'docker run --help'.

Screenshot from 2020-02-28 18-48-53.png

Please anyone suggest how me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sirisha

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

sistlajr6
Contributor II

Hi Sirisha, are you able to resolve this ? can you please letme know the steps you added to ensure that right kernel configuration is present in the docker ? I am trying to do the same and failing.

0 Kudos

ll1
Contributor II

hi

Have you solved the problem now, i have the same problem,can you tell me how to solve this problem,Thank you

I have install docker  17.12.0-ce, but it has same problem

0 Kudos

ll1
Contributor II

this question has solved,beacuse the configure of kernel is not supporting docker , need to configure kernel and recompile it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

sistlajr6
Contributor II
Hi ll1, can you please letme know the steps you added to ensure that right kernel configuration is present in the docker ? I am trying to do the same and failing.
0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sirisha,

Docker is not supported by the BSP Release so I would recommend that you post your question on a Docker-centric forum so there are better changes someone may be able to help. I see in some posts on the web that this was a common problem on certain releases of Docker (18.09) due to a missing socket so maybe trying an older version of Docket could help.

Regards,

0 Kudos