Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset of the i.MX 8M

Jump to solution
AdrianMerrath
Contributor III

Hello,

when looking the schematic of the i.MX 8M Eval-Board, we are wondering about the reset functionality. When resetting the Eval-Board with the Reset-Switch or by SW-reboot, in both cases the Board performs a complete power cycle. Could you tell me the reason for this?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Adrian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian

nxp recommends to remove power (voltage source) to all components on the board
in the event of a processor reset.

This avoids having to determine if a component critical to rebooting the processor
is in the necessary state to support a reboot. Components that fit this category include
(but may not be limited to):

eMMC memory card (if the hardware RST_B pin is not connected.
    SD Card/socket (if the reset pin is not used to remove power to the SD Card)
    QSPI
    NOR
    LPDDR2/3 memory

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian

nxp recommends to remove power (voltage source) to all components on the board
in the event of a processor reset.

This avoids having to determine if a component critical to rebooting the processor
is in the necessary state to support a reboot. Components that fit this category include
(but may not be limited to):

eMMC memory card (if the hardware RST_B pin is not connected.
    SD Card/socket (if the reset pin is not used to remove power to the SD Card)
    QSPI
    NOR
    LPDDR2/3 memory

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

AdrianMerrath
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

thank you very much for your reply.

Best regard

Adrian

0 Kudos