Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset board when HAB verification fails

Jump to solution
jiriluznicky
Contributor III

Hello,

we're using secure boot on imx6ul. Everything works as expected. The only problem is, that I need to reset board when the image verification fails.

I use hab_rvt_authenticate_image() in u-boot to verify loaded firmware image. When the image is broken, or the signature is even missing the board stops, which is actually almost what we want. But we need also the board to reset automatically.

Is there any option how to force the board to reset on an error in HAB in U-Boot?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I meant, that the required functionality is not supported by U-boot directly,

customers can implement it themselves as reset via watchdog.  

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is needed to add such feature as reset at HAB  authenticate to U-boot manually.
Please refer to U-boot / Linux BSP documentation how to rebuild U-boot.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jiriluznicky
Contributor III

Hello,

could you be more specific about the documentation? I went through few pdfs including HAB4_API, i.MX Linux Ref. Manual and HAB CST User Guide but found no clear clue.

Thank You

Jiri

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I meant, that the required functionality is not supported by U-boot directly,

customers can implement it themselves as reset via watchdog.  

Regards,

Yuri.