Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement of operating range with i.MX6SL

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

My customer will start a development for first prototype and want to confirm about requirement of operating range with i.MX6SL.

Does user must to satisfy a following requirement ?

(The requirement is described in IMX6SLCEC)

「VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_SOC_IN must be at least 125 mV higher than the LDO Output Set Point for correct voltage regulation.」

They measured CPU's core voltage levels with SABRE-EVK. But EVK doesn't satisfy the requirement.

Please see a following table.

pastedImage_41.png

Why EVK doesn't satisfy the requirement ?

NXP suppose that EVK is only for emulation use, so EVK deosen't satisfy the requirement.

Is it correct ?

As a result, user must set following register value to satisfy the requirement by themselves.

Is it correct ?

REG2_TARG

REG1_TARG

REG0_TARG

Ko-hey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This requirement is valid only for LDO On mode, not for LDO Bypass mode. So, you have not to follow it for LDO Bypass mode.

Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, seems that the measurements have been done in LDO bypassed mode, so, all the voltage values are within their operating ranges. Generally, planning the design, the customer always should follow the requirements of the latest revision of the Data Sheet document, please find it attached.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Artur

I agree with you that they have measured in LDO bypassed mode.

How about following requirement ?

Do we must follow it whether using LDO bypass or not ?

If we must follow it, please let me know how to do.

VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_SOC_IN must be at least 125 mV higher than the LDO Output Set Point for correct voltage regulation.

Ko-hey

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This requirement is valid only for LDO On mode, not for LDO Bypass mode. So, you have not to follow it for LDO Bypass mode.

Artur

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Artur

I understand that the requirement is for LDO enable mode.

How can I satisfy the requirement when I use LDO enable mode ?

We need to set following registers. Is it correct ?

REG2_TARG

REG1_TARG

REG0_TARG

Ko-hey

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, you have to set the REG0_TARG, REG1_TARG and REG2_TARG fields to define the target supply voltages for the ARM, SoC and VPU/GPU power domains, correspondingly. Then, for LDO Enabled mode, you have to configure external supply voltages (VDD_ARM_IN, VDD_SOC_IN and VDD_PU_IN, correspondingly) to be at least 125mV higher than these target voltages for normal operation.

Artur

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Artur

Thank you for your support.

I understand.

Ko-hey

0 Kudos