Requesting information about iMAX6 Quad DDR3 stress test.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting information about iMAX6 Quad DDR3 stress test.

Jump to solution
peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

i.MX6 DDR Stress Test Tool V1.0.3

I need to get some information regarding DDR ram calibration and memory stress test for new layout related to iMAX6 Quad hardware design. In my custom design I have included only USB port & SD card slot. 

To do stress test for RAM do we need to use SATA HDD ? Can't we use good SD card for that. Or else can I use portable HDD connecting via USB for this ? (I don't have SATA port in my custom hardware design)

I'm referring to following test >> http://www.imx6rex.com/software/stress-testing-stressapptest/#test_mem

What is the difference between the test you have provided here >> https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 and above mentioned test ? Do we need SATA HDD for this stress test too ?

I must be thankful to you if you will kindly reply me soon.

Regards,
Peter.

# Oliver Chen

Labels (2)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. DDR_Tester.exe

2. OTG

3. PC

4. PC

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

nxp developed i.MX6 DDR Stress Test Tool V1.0.3 ddr test tool,

it does not use sata or sd. Other tools, like mentioned above developed by

third parties and questions may be posted to developers of those tools.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick response. 

I'm trying to do stress test and RAM calibration for imx6q sbre sdb development board using  i.MAX6 DDR Stress test tool V2.60 >> https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 << 

When I go through the above link I couldn't understand how should I approach for this as I'm new to this test. So could you please provide me well detailed document for this. 

>> Option 1 GUI based:

Run the GUI executable and connect your board to the host PC via USB

• Archive file: ddr_stress_tester_vX.xx.zip
  • The tool will first need to run a DDR initialization script for the specified i.MX SoC (refer to Load Init Script in the GUI tool).  Example initialization scripts based on NXP's development boards can be found in this zip file under the script folder.  Note, these scripts may need to be modified for your custom board and memory. " <<

1. What is GUI executable ?
  2. When I connect SABRE SDB to PC what is the port should I use ? USB OTG or Serial to USB ?
  3. On which hardware should I run GUI executable ? On Sabre SD or host PC ?
  4. Should I run DDR tester.exe on host pc or sabre sdb ?

I must be thankful to you if you will kindly reply me soon.

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. DDR_Tester.exe

2. OTG

3. PC

4. PC

Best regards
igor