Rendering Problem of Android 4.2.2-1.1.0 Web Browser

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Problem of Android 4.2.2-1.1.0 Web Browser

kyu-myounglee
Contributor I

I had ported Android 4.2.2-1.1.0-ga to my custom board using i.MX6 Duallite and it looked like working well.

The board has HDMI 1080P output as first display and CVBS output as second display.

But I found that rendering result of web brower is broken in tiles like the photo below.

(The photo was taken after loading web page)

IMG_20140806_134324.jpg

The problem seems to occur very well at sites using javascript heavily, like maps.google.com.

I also found fast scoll makes it occur frequently.

I found others faced similar problem before but no answer(android 4.2.2 JB-1.1.0 Browser problem!)

First, I attempted to upgrade to new GPU software in Android jb4.2.2 GPU upgade with the latest 4.6.9p13 (used in jb4.3), but it didn't solve the problem.

When I tried to compare the result with Sabres SD(i.MX6Q), I found Sabre has the same problem.

Sabre was programmed with original 4.2.2-1.1.0 binary(SD card version) and was configured to use 1080P HDMI as first(only) display.

The problem ocurrs much less frequenlty than my board, when I scroll the google maps site very fast, it occurs from time to time.

The photo above was taken of HDMI output of Sabre SD when the problem occured.

I found no problem when using Firefox or Chrome instead of internal browser, which makes me think it might not be problem of GPU.

Because I found no meaningful message in logcat, I have no clue where I should start to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

liyu1
Contributor III

I've met the same issue ! Can you help me ?

0 Kudos

XianzhongLi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is Android frameworks issue, instead of GPU issue, the fix is provided in Android jb4.2.2 GPU upgade with the latest 4.6.9p13 (used in jb4.3)

kyu-myounglee
Contributor I

Thank you, Mr. Li.

The patch alleviates the problem.

On test on my custom board, there remains 2 problem ramain.

• Test 1 : jb4.2.2-ga_p13_041879d7e_revert_exact_page.zip(2014/01 version of  GPU patch) + 0001-enable-fence-sync-for-android-jb4.2.2.patch.zip

It alleviates the problem.

The similar rendering problem still exists when fast scrolling on south pole region in maps.google.com.

I think it may be web browser problem because the brower can scroll beyond south pole which is not a behavior of a normal PC browser.

• Test 2 : jb4.2.2-ga_p13_8150fa279.zip(2014/07 version of GPU patch) + 0001-enable-fence-sync-for-android-jb4.2.2.patch.zip

It gives results worse than Test 1.

I think you should check this case because the recent GPU patch gives worse result.

0 Kudos

kyu-myounglee
Contributor I

Sorry.

Test 2 above was conducted wrongly.

I did mistake not to apply 0001-enable-fence-sync-for-android-jb4.2.2.patch.zip after jb4.2.2-ga_p13_8150fa279.zip.

Test 2 shows same result of Test 1 including problem around south pole.

0 Kudos