cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing IMX Watchdog Driver results in error -11

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

To anyone out there,

I have the imx watchdog driver built as a module. However when I try to remove the watchdog driver from the commandline via toolbox's rmmod, I get a -11 error. If I try to use the ARM DS-5 debugger and JTAG connection I believe I'm getting a signal interrupted error which equates to  EAGAIN or -11. I'm trying to remove it for using the JTAG without the watchdog tripping.

Michael Robbeloth

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

Could you please specify which i.MX device and software BSP are you using?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Carlos,

It's a custom imx.6 device using a BCM Advanced Research derived BSP (Android JB 4.3; LInux 3.0.35).

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

Have you consider that some Watchdog registers include write-once bits? So, if they were configured at the startup, they cannot be rewritten until next system reset. Below you can see the Watchdog Control Register description from the i.MX6DQ Reference Manual:

iMX WD.png
Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos