cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red noise in gstreamer video

marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Hi everyone,

I'm running kernel 3.0.35 and using GStreamer to play a video in an XWindows QT application.  The video plays correctly, but I see red dots flickering in various parts of the image.  I've tried this with mfw_v4lsink and mfw_isink, and it happens with both.

My hardware is based on an i.MX6 solo processor.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Marlon

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jbd1986
Contributor III

Marlon, have you verified that you can (or cannot) play the video correctly from the command line?

example:

$ gst-launch -v playbin2 uri=file:///somevideo.mp4

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do use 4.1.0 bsp? what qt application do you use? pls give me more detailed information, and tell me how could I reproduce this on FSL board.

0 Kudos

marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Actually one more question: how do I know which bsp I'm using?  I used Yocto dora, and just modified it to use the wandboard kernel 4.1.0, but is that all there is to it?

0 Kudos

marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Thanks for the response,

I'm using Yocto dora, and the kernel I'm using is wandboard 3.0.35 4.1.0 with some modifications for my hardware.  I modified fsl-image-gui to add xf86-video-fbdev, and I changed xorg.conf to use fbdev instead of vivante (vivante gives me a black screen).

The application uses Qt for XWindows, and Gstreamer mfw_v4lsink.  I call gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle to attach it to the application and play the video.

0 Kudos