Re: Two Audio Codecs WM8962 imx6qpsabresd

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Two Audio Codecs WM8962 imx6qpsabresd

sahanashreee_
Contributor II

We have customized i.MX6Q board with two WM8962BECSN codecs based on Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0 we are seeing dual sound card detection, but both the sound cards are failing to record the sound.

When we execute the arecord command it is able to output the recorded file but there will be no content in that. We tested each sound card interface by separately enabling them in device tree. It worked fine. However, we are seeing this issue when both the sound card interfaces are enabled. Please find the attached file for configuration in dts file and dmesg log. Does anybody have an idea what we might be missing?

Thanks and Regards,

Sahanashree

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

sahanashreee_
Contributor II

Can you please check the boot up log?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You may try to separate the machine driver for two sound cards.

0 Kudos

sahanashreee_
Contributor II

Sure I will try but 

If we enable the both codec play back is working fine but both the sound cards are failing to record the sound.

Regards and Thanks,

Sahanashree

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As you mentioned the recording is working when enable only one sound card. If enable both sound cards, play back is working but recording is not work, so there may have conflict in somewhere in the input path.  You may add the printf in the driver and then check both 'good' and 'bad' cases.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you send the full log of the boot up to me?

0 Kudos