Raw Camera with ISP in i.MX8MPlus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Camera with ISP in i.MX8MPlus

jsYeom
Contributor I
We are planning to use samsung S5K4HA camera sensor which is RAW10 sensor. We are currently able to receive RAW images without ISP. (in/out BG10) (We simply ported the camera driver. media/i2c/newcamera.c) I'd like to use ISP in i.MX8MPlus, which is used in conjunction with camera. Can you please help what changes are required to use ISP with some example? I found another similar question in community and I saw you guide the isp-imx-4.2.2.6.0.bin package and the isp-vvcam sample code. I don't think there is enough information to port camera. I need detailed guidelines for porting a new camera with isp.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

currently the detailed Sensor Porting Guide hasn't been released, still under review phase, I can sent to you a simply steps for porting new sensor which includes ISP

1)Define sensor attributes and creating sensor instance.

2)Defining the camera driver configuration data structure.

3)Setting the sensor #defines. For example:

a)SENSOR_SLAVE_ADDR

b)SENSOR_MAX_GAIN_AEC

c)SENSOR_PIX_CLOCK

d)SENSOR_MIPI_LANES

4)Writing customized exposure parameters.

5)Exposure function is unique for each sensor.

6)Refer data sheet of the sensor for customized calculation of exposure parameters.

7)Modifying the sensor driver.

8)To specify a camera sensor, the sensor driver must be modified.

9)The data structure is defined in file vvcam/V4l2/sensor/<sensor_vendor>_<sensor>/<sensor>.c

10)Set up HDR.

11)Enable the HDR function of the ISP.

12)Define MIPI lanes.

13)Update the MIPI lanes.

For example, in file ../isi/drv/OV2775/source/OV2775.c

pIsiSensorCaps->MipiLanes = ISI_MIPI_4LANES

14)Sensor compand curve.

15)Sensor white balance.

a)ISP AWB is used in normal mode.

b)In native HDR mode, black level and white balance calibration should be done before the image synthesis at the sensor.

0 Kudos

jsYeom
Contributor I
I'll ask you a few more questions. Which part should I modify 1 through 6? Do I just need to add sensor driver in vvcam? Or Should I merge isp-imx-4.2.2.6.0 and vvcam to work?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

to be honest, this is very complex steps, I couldn't share all of them in the public community since we haven't released the senor poring guide, this document is still under review, I couldn't attach it here, if you need detailed step by step and which structure and file you need change, pls wait for the official released document

0 Kudos