RT1176 EVK - MCU Boot v3.5.0 hangs - boot mode in serial downloader mode as expected

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1176 EVK - MCU Boot v3.5.0 hangs - boot mode in serial downloader mode as expected

Jump to solution
dan_ash
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When I boot my computer, I start a command prompt (DOS box) and can see the board running blhost manually

C:\projects\blhost_2.6.2\bin\win>blhost -p COM11 get-property 1
Ping responded in 1 attempt(s)
Inject command 'get-property'
Response status = 0 (0x0) Success.
Response word 1 = 1258487809 (0x4b030001)
Current Version = K3.0.1

I can start MCU boot and "connect to ROM" with the nice sound effect upon completion

dan_ash_0-1659553904427.png

At some point something happens and if I reset the board, the command prompt get property is OK, but the MCU boot, closed and restarted, gets no response on blhost commands culminating in this message

dan_ash_3-1659554114245.png

And the MCU boot command window showing 

Executing: C:\projects\NXP-MCUBootUtility-master\tools\blhost2_3\win\blhost -t 50000 -p COM11,115200 -j -- get-property 1 0
toolStatus: 1
commandOutput: {
"command" : "ping",
"response" : [],
"status" : {
"description" : "10500 (0x2904) No response received for ping command.",
"value" : 10500
}
}

The same command that works in the separately opened command prompt, running blhost manually. 

The SW1 switches are correct or it would not have run the first time.

At this point. I can close MCU boot and rerun the command prompt blhost get property and still is OK, but MCU boot no longer works.

I have to completely restart my computer which makes me think something is still running in Windows that I need to kill in task manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) By doc log window you mean the second window that echo's commands that looks like a DOS window?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can uncheck the 'One Step' option, then click 'connect to ROM' button step by step, that will be more stable for your case.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I also encounter the phenomenon you describe above, and the below error message will jump out sometime.

jeremyzhou_0-1659579707658.png

For me, I usually close the doc log window of MCU boot to kill the tool, meanwhile, repower the board to eliminate the issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
dan_ash
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Jeremy,

Thank you. I always power cycle.

By doc log window you mean the second window that echo's commands that looks like a DOS window?

I always kill the main window and then sometimes have to manually kill the second one. 

I noticied if I wait longer, it seems to work better too.

I switched to USB from COM port and the problem has not occurred.

Dan

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) By doc log window you mean the second window that echo's commands that looks like a DOS window?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos