Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170: Conflicting Information on Serial Boot in Documentation

Jump to solution
tepper
Contributor I

Hello,

Evaluating the RT1170 for a design I discovered conflicting information on the serial boot:

• The Datasheet claims UART12 can be used as boot option on Page 118, Table 115 additionally to UART1 
  • The Hardware Development Guide and the Reference Manual only mention UART1 as boot option.

Which is the correct statement / can UART12 be used as an serial boot option on this processor family?

Best regards,

Mike Tepper

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tepper 

Confirmed,ROM only supports UART1, it is the datasheet's bug for hte UART12, I already report it, we will fix this datasheet bug in the future.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer just to close this case, any new issues, welcome to create the new question post, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tepper ,

Please check the RT1170RM, that is precise:

kerryzhou_0-1653048214714.png

Just the UART1, and the pin in the above table.

Best Regards,

Kerry

tepper
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your answer, this is a bit unfortunate but ok. any idea why there is different information in the datasheet?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tepper ,

Good question, I already check with our internal AE, whether it is the doc issues.

Any updated information, I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tepper 

Confirmed,ROM only supports UART1, it is the datasheet's bug for hte UART12, I already report it, we will fix this datasheet bug in the future.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer just to close this case, any new issues, welcome to create the new question post, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry