RT1064: SEMC 16 bit Multiplex addressing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064: SEMC 16 bit Multiplex addressing

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

For a peripheral I need 16 bit Multiplex addressing  is this possible in SEMC NAND mode?

Page 1485 of the ref. RT1064 manual  tells the pin layout.

How do I setup this in software?

Capture1.PNG

This is the sequence. bus speed is max 20Mhz.

ALEHI is not needed. So only ALE.

Thanks,

EVS

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is, it is not in the datasheet or not very clear in the datasheet.

NXP has to add this info in the datasheet or make it more clear how it is done!

I also asked the NXP field application engineer if he is able to provide the info needed.

0 Kudos

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

Can you  please provide information how to configure the: Address Latch Enable (ALE) signal in this tool I cannot find it/ understand it.

Thanks.,

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hope you are well. For the SEMC NAND Control block I recommend to check table 9-17 of the reference manual. Here you will find the parameters to configure for your specific nand flash.

pastedImage_1.png

These parameters can be configured using the NAND Control Registers.

pastedImage_2.png

How these parameters are filled, depends on the information from the datasheet of the part you are using. For example I checked the parameters for a random nand flash.

pastedImage_3.png

The config tool allows you to configure the general configurations of the SEMC. You may configure the NAND control register using the DCD tool. 

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps!

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ernst,

Hope you are doing well.

The 16 bit ADMUX is possible in NOR and SRAM. You may find the details of the pin layout in the table located in section 25. 5. 3 in the page you make reference to. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

I already found that. I like a bit more detail. How do setup the software for this to work?

Thanks,

Ernst

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ernst,

Hope you are doing well.

If you would like to get started on example software. I'd recommend to download the latest SDK and import the corresponding examples for SEMC.

MCUXpresso Website

In addition you may use the peripheral config tool, to configure specific characteristics of the SEMC module to fit your application. This tool can generate the adequate C code, for faster startup process in your development.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos