RT1052 config nand flash and sdram

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 config nand flash and sdram

aaronbigworld
Contributor I

How should I configure SEMC to use both SDRAM and NAND FLASH?

I boot the program via QSPI and configured the SDRAM in the DCD.

The mothed of read and write used by SDRAM is OK.

However,

I use Nand_Flash_Init() to configure Nand Flash, I can read the properties of Flash (including Manufacturer, etc.), but read and write methods are not successful.

Actually,I find the problem in configuration that assign address of AXI or IP cmd.

I use MCUXpresso IDE.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
From my experience, to implement SEMC to connect the SDRAM and Nand Flash simultaneously, I'd like to suggest you implement them individually prior to merging them.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

aaronbigworld
Contributor I

I remove Defined Symbols (XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE) to cancel SDRAM configuration in DCD and config SEMC pins and clock(132MHz) in IDE.

I init SEMC by function SEMC_GetDefaultConfig and SEMC_Init.

And then I init Nand by function Nand_Flash_Init. I can get Nand's Manufacturer and pages number but can not read and write.

Thank you very much. ^-^

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, you should remove 

XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=1

to eliminate the DCD, furthermore, I'd like to suggest you figure out the cause of reading or writing failure via utilizing the logic analyzer.
Lastly, I was wondering if you can share the schematic of the custom board.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos