RT1020 stuck in unknown state

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1020 stuck in unknown state

uwaact-gnc
Contributor I

I'm having a problem with an RT1020 board. After hooking it up to a new device, the board entered an unknown state where it shows up on the LinkServer list, but when I try to debug, I get a Wire Ack fault and the console says there is no connection to the debug port. This state persists after completely disconnecting the board from the aforementioned device. I have tried debugging in boot mode but he same thing happens. Is there any known way to recover from this state?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!
Hope you are well.
Please follow these steps to regain control on you board:

• Import any example of the SDK, I suggest you to import the iled_blinky example.
  • Locate SW8 in your board.
  • Change these switches so you can enter to Serial Downloader.
  • Disconnect and connect the power of your board so the changer in SW8 take effect.
  • Make sure the project you imported does not have any debug configuration, if it has one please delete it.
  • Launch the debug session while you are in Serial Downloader.
  • Stop the  debug session.
  • Delete the debug configuration created while you launched this project.
  • Go to your board and change SW8 the way it was.
  • Disconnect and connect your board.
  • At this point you should be able to debug with any problem.

The reason why you need to import a fresh project from the SDK is that we are sure that this project works perfectly and has all the right configurations in the clocks and in all the other peripherals. This will bring your board into a known state and will avoid bricking it again.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

uwaact-gnc
Contributor I

Thanks Omar, but it turns out I can't connect to the board using any of the boot modes. Do you think this would this be indicative of a hardware problem?

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Please try to recover your board with the MCU Boot Utility: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility
At this post, you can find a guide on how to recover your board using this tool: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2019/01/02/regaining-debug-access-of-nxp-i-mx-rt1064-evk-executing-wfi/

Let me know if this helps, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

uwaact-gnc
Contributor I

Omar,

I spent some time trying to correctly install the boot utility mentioned in that blog post, and never quite got it to work. However, the new boards our group order have arrived, so this issue is no longer a high priority for us.

0 Kudos