cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMII interfaces on iMX93

Jump to solution
Gary_Aylward
Contributor II

The #iMX93 reference manual describes the RGMII interfaces supporting RMII operation but there is no concrete definition of the pinout of each interface in RMII mode.

Even searching through the pin mapping spreadsheet attached to the reference manual doesn't make it clear where the RMII clock and control signals appear.

Since we are using the iMX93 as an upgrade to a number of existing products we have to use RMII, it is not possible to change all our designs to RGMII.

Where can I find this information please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gary_Aylward
Contributor II

The iMX93 data sheet, IMX93IEC.pdf, Rev 1 04/2023 says:

Ethernet supports the following key features:

• Support ENET AVB
  • Support IEEE 1588
  • Support Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
  • 1.8V/3.3V RMII operation, 1.8V RGMII operation

I think I've now found the solution buried in the datasheet, although it is not mentioned in the reference manual or the pin mapping spreadsheet attached to the manual.

Sections 4.12.2.1 and 4.12.3.1 define the signal mapping for RGMII and RMII mode for ENET2 and ENET1 respectively.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone else in the future...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gary_Aylward
Contributor II

We are planning to use the Ka-Ro QS93 module which quotes i.MX9352. The Ka-Ro module brings out all the RGMII pins of both Ethernet ports but I can't find out whether the same pins are used when RMII mode is used.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it seems imx93 doesn't support this so far, only Set eQOS to RGMII mode for 11x11 EVK

https://github.com/nxp-imx/linux-imx/blob/lf-6.1.y/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx93-11x11-evk.dts

0 Kudos
Gary_Aylward
Contributor II

The iMX93 data sheet, IMX93IEC.pdf, Rev 1 04/2023 says:

Ethernet supports the following key features:

• Support ENET AVB
  • Support IEEE 1588
  • Support Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
  • 1.8V/3.3V RMII operation, 1.8V RGMII operation

I think I've now found the solution buried in the datasheet, although it is not mentioned in the reference manual or the pin mapping spreadsheet attached to the manual.

Sections 4.12.2.1 and 4.12.3.1 define the signal mapping for RGMII and RMII mode for ENET2 and ENET1 respectively.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone else in the future...

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, for pin mapping, you can refer to the data sheet, I thought you need set up this mode, current bsp doesn't support yet

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which i.mx93evk do you use? 11x11, 9x9 or 14x14? as I known, 14x14 doesn't support RMII so far

0 Kudos