Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIoTboard peripheral access error

Jump to solution
paulsymonds
Contributor I

Hi All,

Currently using a RIoTboard (i.MX6S based SBC) for bare-metal programming. Have come across a peripheral access error (doc with problem description and basic code attached) with regards the I2C (and UARTs). I am probably missing some sort of configuration setup, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what!

Very briefly, (more details in the doc) I am using ARM DS-5 and when I try to access the I2C modules (via the debug interface) I get a synchronous external abort (I experience the same problem with the UARTs). I am using the default clock setup so the peripheral clock (ipg_clk_s derived from ipg_clk_root) for peripheral bus register read/writes should be running. I have enabled all gated clocks as part of an initialisation script (all in attached basic code).

The problem has me stalled at the moment and I am keen to sort it out. Any and all help on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Original Attachment has been moved to: CortexA9MPCore-Startup.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I2C peripheral is mapped to the memory and when debugger trying access this area as 32bit word, cpu raise exception - debugger try access memory area as 32bit size words, but I2C registers are 16bit words. For fast test, try read 2Bytes (16bit) or 1Byte only from I2C register address.

42443_42443.pngmem_view2.png

42444_42444.pngmem_view3.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I2C peripheral is mapped to the memory and when debugger trying access this area as 32bit word, cpu raise exception - debugger try access memory area as 32bit size words, but I2C registers are 16bit words. For fast test, try read 2Bytes (16bit) or 1Byte only from I2C register address.

42443_42443.pngmem_view2.png

42444_42444.pngmem_view3.png

0 Kudos