cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM part number is same but SOM part number is different

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am using two different boards. One is NXP board and and the other is customized board but the processor part number is different. MIMX8MM3DVTLZAA and MIMX8MM5DVTLZDA are the two different boards SOM part numbers but they use the same RAM part number MT53D512M32D2DS-053 WT:D . Are they any changes we have to make two configure same part number RAM on other board? We are having the RAM configuration data of EVK but can we use the same thing in other customized EVK with same RAM part number  but different SOM part number?

Please let me know if any ..... Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shamiullah,

These processors are pin to pin compatible, so you should not have problems selecting the DDR or other processor, also check with the owner of the customized EVK to see if they don't have problems by doing this, but as I said, you should not have problems with this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos

shamiullah
Contributor III

0 Kudos

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hi nxf63675,

Can i confirm from your information that i can use the same DCD table files in uboot for both the processors?

Thanks & Regards

Shamiullah

0 Kudos

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shamiullah,

Well, yes but you will need to use the BSP from the customized board as our BSP is for ours EVK's, If for some reason you have problems booting up you could use the DDR tool to generate a new DCD table, please see the next link:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8M-Family-DDR-Tool-Release/ta-p/110...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos