Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick boot with Yocto

Jump to solution
hjpark71
Contributor III

Hi Guys,,

I'm developing an application on I.MAX6UL and I.MAX6 with Yocto(fsl-image-qt5) but the booting speed is quite slow as it takes more than 10secs booting from NAND and SDCard.

I would like to reduce the booting time to 2 or 3 seconds with QT5..

Do you already support quick boot on Yocto ? if yes, please let me know how to get it and run..

if not, pls let me khow how to support quick boot on Yocto..

thanks a lot..

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
vijaikumar
Contributor III

Hi Hj Park,

In order to obtain faster boot times, you need to customize the rootfs to remove services which you do not require. You can also modify the kernel to disable prints during boot (if you donot require them) to achieve faster boot time. Additionally, you can remove unwanted kernel drivers.

You need to find which stage of the boot process consumes more time. For that you can use applications like bootchart.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vijaikumar
Contributor III

Hi Hj Park,

In order to obtain faster boot times, you need to customize the rootfs to remove services which you do not require. You can also modify the kernel to disable prints during boot (if you donot require them) to achieve faster boot time. Additionally, you can remove unwanted kernel drivers.

You need to find which stage of the boot process consumes more time. For that you can use applications like bootchart.

nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Vijai Kumar,

I am also try to reduce the boot time in iMX6DL Sabre board with Linux Kernel version 3.14 in order to do the things i followed some links and  post a query on NXP forum but issue  is still pending, for your reference link is https://community.nxp.com/thread/459641  can you have any suggestion to reduce the boot time, 

Thanks in Advance

BR

Nandish SG

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi HJ

You can refer the following link

Linux Fast Boot on i.MX6 Sabresd Board

Thanks

Saurabh

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you Surab and Vijai, for your insights on this!

0 Kudos