Questions about the performance of i.MX8MQ.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the performance of i.MX8MQ.

yj_kim
Contributor I

Hi, everyone.

My client is reviewing MCIMX8M-EVK.

I have a question when I look at the iMX8MQ data and the links posted in the community.
(https://imxdev.gitlab.io/tutorial/how_to_use_dual_display_on_i.MX8_includding_4k_decoding/)

Question)
1. When using Dual Display, what is the maximum performance for resolution and bitrate when using the Decoder for each display?
2. When using HDMI (4K@60) and MIPI-DSI (720P@60), what bits of depth does MPI-DSI support?
3. Can't dual-display implementations with other display interfaces other than HDMI and MIPI-DSI?
4. The audio I used often is I2S, but I wonder the difference with SAI. I found an Application note for S32K148 (AN12202 : https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12202.pdf) while I was looking for the data, is it the same as iMX8MQ? Is there any other material besides this document?

Please answer me.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Youngjoo 

1. one can look at i.MX 8M Fact Sheet

Dual displays:
Up to 4Kp60 resolution on the HDMI 2.0a output and
1080p60 resolution on the MIPI-DSI (4-lanes) interface

2. one can look at sect.13.1.1 Multimedia Overview

i.MX 8M Dual/8M QuadLite/8M Quad Applications Processors Reference Manual

3. in general there are no other interfaces, as shown in Figure 13-1. Display Interface Reference Manual

4. sai supports i2s format, details can be found in sect.13.10 Synchronous Audio Interface (SAI).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos