显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Question while compiling LTIB image

1,263 次查看
BrianBenoy
Contributor I
Question while compiling LTIB image

Hello,

During Fall Workshop Freescale handed out some training slides and we were having a problem with the following commands on page 70:

"$ sudo dd if=u-boot-mx53-loco.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2 skip =2"
"$ sudo dd if= uImage of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2K && sync && sync"

In what folder/directory should we be executing these in?

Additionally, where is "u-boot-mx53-loco.bin"?
We searched for it but we cannot seem to find it.

Thank you,

Penn State

标记 (2)
0 项奖励
6 回复数

1,029 次查看
MikeJin
Contributor I

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reply.

We don't have the latest BSP that distributed in Winter Workshop(?), can you send it to us?

LTIB always stop at random place while building same package.

We might want to skip that tool, just compile Qt front-end with generic m32 architecture.

To make these setup easy, would it be possible that Freescale help the teams to write some script?

Thanks,

Mike

PSU EcoCAR2

Renato Frias said:

Mike, you should be building BSP 11.05 and the kernel version in it is 2.6.35, not 31.

Please follow the ppt posted by Mike P on the Wall of the group, and let us know where things stop working for you.

Best,

Renato

Mike Jin said:

Thanks for help from Freescale and ANL. However, at Penn State HEV lab, LTIB never run as intended. Personally, I tried 109 times to reinstall LTIB, reconfigure LTIB and recomplie chosen package following EcoCAR2 fall workshop Freescale training notes and the correction post later. We can build, flash the TF card, and test on imx53QSB for u-boot/bootloader and 2.6.28 Linux Kernel. But we always failed building the rest part of the filesystem and 2.6.31 Linux Kernel.

In the meantime, we don't know what the problem is. I am currently typescript everything and try to figure out what's going on in each single step. I saw lots of warning message from LTIB cross-complier.

It would be great if Freescale can point us out the appropriate way to debug.

Thanks.

Mike Jin

Penn State EcoCAR2

Penn State Computer Science 2012 BS candidate

0 项奖励

1,029 次查看
Frias
Contributor V

Mike, you should be building BSP 11.05 and the kernel version in it is 2.6.35, not 31.

Please follow the ppt posted by Mike P on the Wall of the group, and let us know where things stop working for you.

Best,

Renato

Mike Jin said:

Thanks for help from Freescale and ANL. However, at Penn State HEV lab, LTIB never run as intended. Personally, I tried 109 times to reinstall LTIB, reconfigure LTIB and recomplie chosen package following EcoCAR2 fall workshop Freescale training notes and the correction post later. We can build, flash the TF card, and test on imx53QSB for u-boot/bootloader and 2.6.28 Linux Kernel. But we always failed building the rest part of the filesystem and 2.6.31 Linux Kernel.

In the meantime, we don't know what the problem is. I am currently typescript everything and try to figure out what's going on in each single step. I saw lots of warning message from LTIB cross-complier.

Thanks.

Mike Jin

Penn State EcoCAR2

0 项奖励

1,029 次查看
MikeJin
Contributor I

Thanks.

Mike Jin

Penn State EcoCAR2

0 项奖励

1,029 次查看
MichaelPattison
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If LTIB has created the uboot.bin file, it should be located in <ltib install>/rootfs/boot .

(e.g:  /home/lucid/Desktop/imx53_ard_11.05/ltib/rootfs/boot/  )

Regards,

Mike.

0 项奖励

1,029 次查看
BrianBenoy
Contributor I

Renato,

We seem to have hit another snag in creating an image with ltib. When we use ltib to compile an image (linux specifically) we find that at the end of the compile we can view what looks like a root file system in the ltib working directory, but we are prompted for a "u-image" file which we cannot seem to locate. Could you shed some light on either where the "u-image" is, or how to enable ltib to produce it?

Thank you,
Penn State

0 项奖励

1,029 次查看
BrianBenoy
Contributor I

Hello Luke,

After you run ltib, u-boot.bin and uImage files will be created in the <ltib install>/rootfs/bin .
You can run dd from anywhere, just use the proper path for the file on the “if=” argument.
You can use the “u-boot.bin” generated by LTIB instead of “u-boot-mx53-loco.bin”.
Best regards,
Renato

Freescale

0 项奖励